Founded in Montréal, TUX is a creative agency that aims to set new stands in communication and brand image through a smart mix of talents, perspectives and expertise in strategy, graphic design and animation, and environment design. We have in-house production capabilities and a media planning division, which means our structure can handle any mandate from A to Z all within our walls.
As a LGBTQI+, B Corp and Eco-Cert certified company, TUX and its JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) crew are committed to making the daily workplace a diversified, equitable and inclusive environment. Finding a better way of doing business drives our thinking and actions. We actively support the well-being of our employees, community and the environment, and help brands with whom we partner to do the same.
At any moment, you could find yourself campaigning against patriarchy, attending an impromptu guitar jam on a Zoom call or geeking out over motion design techniques.
You at Tux
Our Motion Designer is part of the post-production team, responsible for conceptualizing and implementing the realization of visual content and design into 2D and 3D. They are responsible for both the artistic and technical quality of all projects they are working on, as well as actively participating in the creative process. As well, they will sometimes advise on file exports (assistant editor) to guide their team to technical solutions when encountering obstacles at the end of a project.
- Responsible for the production and delivery of all parts of a project assigned to them, while respecting timelines
- Work in partnership with a designer or AD to conceptualize a moving message, or creative intention, using the established graphic identity
- Participate in the creative process with the multimedia director and project art director by developing and sharing concepts
- Recommend suitable production techniques
- Stay on top of the latest technology and artistic movements
- Add an illustration touch to projects, as needed
- Carry out all other responsibilities/tasks related to this role
- Collaboration: We want you to consciously put your ego aside and extend your hand while keeping your mind open each day. You must have faith that, by taking your hands off the wheel a little, you’ll ultimately come out a winner. Collaboration is our magic ingredient – it needs time to simmer to properly enhance the other ingredients.
- Curiosity: Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned pro, the same advice applies: By recognizing your limits of your experience and establishing reasonable expectations with your co-workers, you’ll help create a safe environment where everyone can learn.
- Perseverance: When you adopt a positive attitude and the proper mindset, each project becomes an opportunity for change, creativity and maybe even disruption. Perseverance makes great dreams possible.
- Caring: At TUX, we look after our co-workers’ well-being by keeping a caring eye on each other. Since our different areas of expertise form a single service, we are aware of the effort that goes into the projects we are tasked with, which we treat with the same care. We also ensure all the t’s are crossed and i’s dotted, so we pass the baton smoothly to the next team in the project.
As for any job offer of this type, we’re looking for the classic profile: fluent in french and Engish, with agency experience, studies and/or experience in a related field and pertinent to the role, values that match those of the agency, inspired by the work we do, etc. If this sounds like you, send us your info at email@example.com.