Founded in Montréal, TUX is a creative agency that aims to set new stands in communication and brand image through a smart mix of talents, perspectives and expertise in strategy, graphic design and animation, and environment design. We have in-house production capabilities and a media planning division, which means our structure can handle any mandate from A to Z all within our walls.
As a LGBTQI+, B Corp and Eco-Cert certified company, TUX and its JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) crew are committed to making the daily workplace a diversified, equitable and inclusive environment. Finding a better way of doing business drives our thinking and actions. We actively support the well-being of our employees, community and the environment, and help brands with whom we partner to do the same.
At any moment, you could find yourself campaigning against patriarchy, attending an impromptu guitar jam on a Zoom call or geeking out over motion design techniques.
You at Tux
TUX is rapidly growing and now more than ever willing to push its creative boundaries and explore in search for the unseen. As we seek to further elevate our creative output, we are looking for a creative director to oversee integrated production at TUX. This hands-on leadership role is meant to bring support to the existing teams in place (art directors, producers and post-production artists).
The creative director help with conceptualization for video and 3D/VFX productions (digital content, campaigns, brand assets). He takes part in casting and briefing production crew (director, DOP, stylists, …), supervise projects during post-production process until final delivery, support and advise art directors, producers and post-production artists (3D generalists, comp. artists) throughout the production process and insure On-set presence to troubleshoot, help fluidity and uplift production.
- Ability to assemble cohesive storytelling
- Ability to navigate today’s creative landscape in search for the unseen
- Ability to build a pitch/treatment deck (oversee storyboarding, find references, …)
- Comfort with client presentation
- Comprehension of the full production process (concept deck, pre-production book, production, post-production, off/online)
- Ability to mix production techniques (shoot VS CGI).
- 3D & comp. knowledge (enough to direct and elevate 3D generalists)
- Video production knowledge (studio vs. location, lighting direction and composition)
- Knowledge of photography is a bonus
- Collaboration: We want you to consciously put your ego aside and extend your hand while keeping your mind open each day. You must have faith that, by taking your hands off the wheel a little, you’ll ultimately come out a winner. Collaboration is our magic ingredient – it needs time to simmer to properly enhance the other ingredients.
- Curiosity: Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned pro, the same advice applies: By recognizing your limits of your experience and establishing reasonable expectations with your co-workers, you’ll help create a safe environment where everyone can learn.
- Perseverance: When you adopt a positive attitude and the proper mindset, each project becomes an opportunity for change, creativity and maybe even disruption. Perseverance makes great dreams possible.
- Caring: At TUX, we look after our co-workers’ well-being by keeping a caring eye on each other. Since our different areas of expertise form a single service, we are aware of the effort that goes into the projects we are tasked with, which we treat with the same care. We also ensure all the t’s are crossed and i’s dotted so we pass the baton smoothly to the next team in the project.
As for any job offer of this type, we’re looking for the classic profile:
- Opportunity-seeker (desire to find the creative ‘nugget’ in every project)
- Entrepreneur at heart (project/people leadership)
- Curious and intrepid (desire to try new things and expand the team’s knowledge)
- Structured and organized
- Fluent in French and English
- Agency experience
- Studies and/or experience in a related field and pertinent to the role
- Values that match those of the agency
- Inspired by the work we do
If this sounds like you, send us your info at email@example.com.