At TUX, the graphic designer wears two hats: their own, plus that of an artistic director. Their ideas are original and pertinent, their curiosity is boundless and rigour unfailing. With an eye to fostering a collaborative culture and to push creative limits, the graphic designer works closely with the artistic directors and creative director, peers who act as valuable mentors. The graphic designer is independent, strategic and brings solid communication skills as well as an eagle eye for detail to every project they take on. Working in a fast-changing environment inspires and nourishes their creativity and drive. The position spans a variety of disciplines, including brand identity, typography, packaging, advertising mock-ups, signage and print and digital ads. The agency’s unique structure, which combines architecture, 3D realizations and motion design, offers the graphic designer a stimulating multidisciplinary environment. Tight organizational skills are essential, as is the ability to work independently on the creative aspects of a project, from conception to delivery.
- Bring a creative eye to the strategic planning stage, then develop (alone or collaboratively) a holistic creative vision in line with the established strategic direction.
- Imagine and create all pieces required to execute the creative strategy.
- Develop original, innovative and conceptual ideas that reflect sound thinking.
- TUX’s holistic vision, combined with its 360 offering (communication, branding, photo/video, environment), pushes graphic designers to widen their toolkit of skills and work outside the usual framework.
- Gather and explain their ideas in presentation documents in a clear and ordered manner, in both English and French.
- Ensure graphic rigour across all work, from research to production, regardless of the medium or support.
- Make presentations directly to clients in English or French, and direct conversations to obtain clear feedback, so you can independently move forward on the next steps.
- Manage project time and deadlines on your own.
- Remain curious and on the constant lookout for leading-edge creative techniques and test them out in a proactive manner. *
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of experience in graphic design
- Understanding of the creative process
- Bachelor’s in a related field
- Nimble mastery and expert knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- A portfolio of original work that showcases your personality and illustrates your ability to innovate and apply creativity in order to resolve problems