Founded in Montréal, TUX is a creative agency that aims to set new stands in communication and brand image through a smart mix of talents, perspectives and expertise in strategy, graphic design and animation, and environment design. We have in-house production capabilities and a media planning division, which means our structure can handle any mandate from A to Z all within our walls.
As a LGBTQI+, B Corp and Eco-Cert certified company, TUX and its JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion) crew are committed to making the daily workplace a diversified, equitable and inclusive environment. Finding a better way of doing business drives our thinking and actions. We actively support the well-being of our employees, community and the environment, and help brands with whom we partner to do the same.
At any moment, you could find yourself campaigning against patriarchy, attending an impromptu guitar jam on a Zoom call or geeking out over motion design techniques.
You at Tux
For TUX, a Creative Director is first and foremost someone who structures and reflects. They also avoid easy answers, as their role is to ensure creative work always takes it one step further.
This includes determining what talent is needed to complete a project, clarifying client briefs by questioning, and clearly communicating mandate requirements to talent. This person will also understand, assimilate, and communicate strategy to their team so that all creative work is well thought out and aligned.
As creative director, it is vital to provide empathy, structure, and support to the team and all collaborators, as well as establish processes for good work conditions in general. Most importantly, this person’s role is to advocate, foster, and facilitate collaboration between all parties involved. The creative director will proactively and autonomously showcase their team’s talent and ensure their development as a group and as individuals. They will also work in synergy with leaders from the agency’s other teams.
When it comes to projects, the creative director will ensure that innovation, an international quality, and the “TUX” signature are always respected. They must keep up with emerging industry trends and techniques.
- Be a balanced, positive, and empathetic leader to their team
- Develop their team’s talents and ensure their constant, educational growth
- Actively participate, lead, and be autonomous when it comes to every project’s ideation, creative process, and management
- Present their work in an articulate, concise, and prepared way to clients
- Ensure project budgets and timelines are respected, and their team’s time is always well managed
- Collaboration: We want you to consciously put your ego aside and extend your hand while keeping your mind open each day. You must have faith that, by taking your hands off the wheel a little, you’ll ultimately come out a winner. Collaboration is our magic ingredient – it needs time to simmer to properly enhance the other ingredients.
- Curiosity: Whether you’re a beginner or seasoned pro, the same advice applies: By recognizing your limits of your experience and establishing reasonable expectations with your co-workers, you’ll help create a safe environment where everyone can learn.
- Perseverance: When you adopt a positive attitude and the proper mindset, each project becomes an opportunity for change, creativity and maybe even disruption. Perseverance makes great dreams possible.
- Caring: At TUX, we look after our co-workers’ well-being by keeping a caring eye on each other. Since our different areas of expertise form a single service, we are aware of the effort that goes into the projects we are tasked with, which we treat with the same care. We also ensure all the t’s are crossed and i’s dotted, so we pass the baton smoothly to the next team in the project.
As for any job offer of this type, we’re looking for the classic profile: bilingual, with agency experience, studies and/or experience in a related field and pertinent to the role, values that match those of the agency, inspired by the work we do, etc. If this sounds like you, send us your info at firstname.lastname@example.org.