About the job
Under the authority of the President, the Controller will be in charge of the planning, the organization and the administration of the company’s accounting systems in accordance with general accounting principles and company policies. The main functions of this position are to ensure the complete accounting cycle, including billing, payroll, receivables, monthly pro-forma support and relations with our external. The position will have access to external and / or internal support depending on the workload.
- Coordinate monthly financial statements and prepare gap analysis and other relevant analyzes;
- Payroll cycle and timesheets
- Group Insurance and Corporate RRSP
- Accounts payable, receivable and credit cards management;
- GST / QST, DAS and other government fees;
- Budget management, sales reports and project profitability
- Subcontract payments for unions including AQTIS, ACTRA and UDA
- Relationship with the external accounting firm for annual reports, our financial partners and for the government
- Analysis of the purchase process and the financial performance of the company and recommendation for improvement
- Management of a change of accounting system in 2019
- Provide reports tracking budget variances, key performance indicators and develop effective reporting tools
- Bachelor of Commerce in accounting
- Advanced knowledge and advanced working skills of Microsoft Office, specifically MS Excel, MS Office.
- Very good skills in budget and financial planning (budget management, forecasts, and financial analysis);
- Ability to show rigor, integrity, autonomy, and discretion;
- Ability to analyze and synthesize, and problem-solving skills;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in a service based industry;
- Experience in project based type accounting a plus
- Experience in an accountant firm a plus
TUX is a creative agency based in Montreal with customers in Quebec, Canada and internationally. Founded in 2010, TUX now employs around 40 people and is growing annually at a fast rate. The company is independent and brings together a multitude of young, creative and dynamic people and has a very advantageous compensation program, group insurance, RRSP contribution, Yoga classes, gym classes and flex hours during the summer.